Shorts


Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Messing around with Blogger

Rather than doing something useful I've been renovating the blog look and layout a little. There's a "notable posts" section at the side now, so it's easy to navigate to some of the more useful articles. Also at the top you'll notice mini-posters for videos which will lead you to their youtube pages. Let me know what you think, I think it's better this way because it makes the blog more like an actual website rather than a stack of posts, which is pretty much why I quit Tumblr. Eventually I think I'll get an actual website though, I don't want YouTube to be my base of operations (though videos will be hosted there).

In terms of videos I have 2 animations in the workings right now, one is a little closer to completion than the other but I still can't really say when they'll be out. Let's hope before summertime.

If anybody has questions related to the site, youtube, animations, blender, or what I'm doing in general feel free to ask in the comments. I don't want to seem like I don't care about this stuff because I really do, I'm just not capable of keeping it very active... yet.

9 comments:

  1. Hey, I've been using your Minecraft rig, and I find lip-syncing very difficult. I found a script (http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?197408-Lipsync-Importer-amp-Blinker-02-03-armature-support) And it only uses shape keys. I was only able to setup a pose library for the different phonemes, as the shape keys section was already setup, but did not have compatibility with the mouth. I was wondering if you knew some way I could work around this, as lip-syncing my project would take an immense amount of time without this script.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't really a way around it, your options are either to add your own shape keys or manually lip sync your animation. You could use the current shape keys as a starting point but they're mainly set up to work with the mouth rig, and not for automated lip sync purposes.

      I don't see why a pose library wouldn't work though, simply scrub through your dialogue and keyframe the mouth poses where you need them. Lip sync does take a bit of time but that's just the way it is.

      Delete
    2. Alright, thanks man; I already had the mouth rig set up with some keyframes for the different phonemes, but I need to learn how to use poselib better. Not sure if this is how it works, but does it allow you to just use one keyframe containing all the data of the other ones for the mouth pose of the phoneme? I'm still relatively new to blender, but I'm really having fun with it. Thanks for your help so far :P

      Delete
    3. I haven't really used the pose library since 2.46, so you'll have to read up on it or just play with it. From what I can see it works almost like the shape key menu, except you have to hit the apply button each time you want to apply a pose. Each pose is stored in its own action on the first frame.

      Delete
    4. Okay, thank you for your help man. I really love your animations, and I look forwards to seeing more as you come out with them. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Vlad, how did you do the rig of the boat? I mean I've been trying to make it but it didn't look like yours or the real minecraft boat. Could you please release it for download or make a tutorial???!!! Also could you make a tutorial on the Coulds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boat is really just 2 cubes on top of each other, the top cube having an extrusion inwards for a hollow space. Just try your best and make it look your own. The clouds are just randomly shaped boxes as well.

      Delete
  3. Greetings Vlad, I am currently creating a Minecraft rig of outstanding proportions (not trying to be arrogant)I am currently in the process of making drivers for the face, but than I realized the feet are not as effeicent as they could be, so I turned to you! in you rig (be it the minecraft one or the ed one) when you use the IK features in the foot, and move it up, the feet always stay paralleled with the ground. If I may ask; how does one do this. (if it is easily covered by another tutorial than link me to it but you're awesome so I turned to you)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This tutorial should explain how to create IK chains like that: http://cgcookie.com/blender/2011/12/12/blender-introduction-to-character-rigging/

      Delete